Upwardly Global, founded in 2000, is a national and award-winning nonprofit organization with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and Detroit. Upwardly Global helps work-authorized, skilled immigrants rebuild their professional careers in the U.S. by providing professional job-search training and access to employers with global talent needs.
Upwardly Global is steadfast in its core belief in the potential of immigrant professionals and the power of employers to create large-scale social change while achieving bottom line results. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture of results-orientation, entrepreneurial spirit, and a sense of the possible. For more information about the organization, please visit www.upwardlyglobal.org.
Description: The Michigan Program Assistant Intern is an initially unpaid position that will be responsible for providing administrative and program support to the new Upwardly Global Michigan office. The ideal candidate will be a highly professional, resourceful, and a self-motivated individual who wants to both contribute to and grow with Upwardly Global.
Additional Skills Required:
- Some experience as a program or administrative assistant required
- Some experience conducting phone outreach or client services to diverse populations preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including writing skills
- High level of computer proficiency with MS Office and familiarity with databases such as Salesforce
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and prioritize
- Commit to 15-20 hours per week, schedule TBD. 3-6 month commitment.
Breakout of Responsibilities:
- Manage onboarding process for Upwardly Global’s Michigan applicants to verify their qualifications and information
- Support basic Salesforce data entry projects
- Conduct research on industry- or employer-specific job postings in support of Online team
- Help to answer incoming phones and direct calls to staff
- Call candidates to confirm training participation or encourage to continue with training
- Promote and register candidates for all workshops (e.g. sending out email announcements and reminders, registering JS on database, coordinating resumes, job descriptions, volunteer training materials etc.)
- Conduct check-in calls with last year’s online participants to uncover job placements or updates
- Meet weekly with supervisor to review workload
- Additional event planning support as necessary
- Coordinate alumni videos for organizational marketing use, including success stories and interview question videos
- Compile and distribute training resources to jobseekers after training completion via email
- Research and create new employer profiles in Salesforce based on the companies where alumni have found work and connect to alumni profiles
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to Annie Fenton, Senior Program Associate, at email@example.com.