Job Title: Project Manager
Date: October, 2014
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time
A Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily functions to plan, coordinate, implement and finalize production projects according to projects specifications and guidelines all while keeping the project within budget with on time deliverables. Performs other related assignments or duties as required. A comprehensive understanding of various construction methodologies.
This position involves working closely with all interoffice disciplines including account services, design, graphics, engineering, onsite services, accounting, executive management and occasional client interaction. This position requires effective team communication and collaboration. Project Manager to lead projects from start to finish with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize and muli-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Developing and tracking budgets
- Continually explore opportunities to add value to process and job accomplishments
- Provides calendar support, critical paths, work scheduling and facilitating weekly meetings
- Manage projects to time lines and budget constraints
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables
- Extensive collaboration and communication with project vendors and fabrication facilities
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated documentation
- Provides effective leadership
- Drives issues to resolution using escalation where appropriate
- Proactively manages changes in project scope
- Identifies potential risks and develops effective response plans
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Meets financial objective by forecasting, preparing annual budgets, reconciling projects, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions
- Ensuring quality control throughout projects cycle
- Develop and facilitate weekly team meetings
- Work in a team environment
- Global working experience required
- Have an expert knowledge of the Chinese language and English language
- Have capabilities to work in both the United States and China with permanent residence in one of the two countries
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Competency with email
- Competency with word
- Competency with spreadsheet software (excel)
Experience and Education Requirements
- High school graduation
- Graduate in applicable field of study with a bachelor’s degree or experience specific to the field of work
Physical and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
While performing the duties for this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods, see to read and analyze complex graphical data, and hear and speak to exchange information. The employee is required to frequently use hands and fingers to control equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in an office, which is busy, oriented to client service and subject to constant work interruptions. Employees may work under the stress of continual interdepartmental contacts and pressure meet timelines.
Travel within the United States and globally is required. Ability to obtain a passport, foreign visas, and travel by air is required.
Submittal of resume required, portfolio strongly recommended. References may be requested.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.